LAST UPDATED January 11, 2019
Who We Are
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of [our website visitors, users, and contacts etc]; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
1. The Information We Collect And Why We Collect It
We collect information to provide better services to all our users using various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, local storage, such as browser web storage or data caches. How that information is used, depends on how you use our website and how you manage your browser and device settings. The information we collect may include the following:
1.1 The Information you provide us.
When you leave a comment or contact us, you provide us with personal information that includes your name, email address, and a possibly a media file. You can also choose to add a phone number or payment information when you partner with us in spreading the gospel all around the world through the creation and publishing of the Christ Embassy Digital Media Podcast, which is all treated as personal information. You might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to receive updates about our services. We also collect the content you create or upload using our website, this includes things like comments you make and media files you upload when using our contact page. Also, the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images or videos to the website, you should avoid uploading media files with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website could download and extract any location data from images on the website.
1.2 The information we collect as you use the website – Browser & Device and Your Activity.
We collect information about the browsers and devices you use to access gospelrealities.org. The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, and mobile network information including carrier name. We also collect information about the interaction of your browsers and devices with our website, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request.
We collect information about your activity on our website. The activity information we collect may include:
- Views and interactions with our website content and ads
- Audio you play, and information when you use audio features
- Platforms with whom you share our website’s content
- Videos you watch
- Terms you search for
- Donation activity
- Activity on website relying on third-party site and app services (eg Email subscription)
- Your location info (depend in part on your device and browser settings).
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit, like gospelrealities.org. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience.
Types of Cookies Used by christembassy.org/podcast
We use different types of cookies to run gospelrealities.org and ads-related products. Some or all of the cookies identified below may collect in your browser. You can view and manage cookies in your browser (though browsers for mobile devices may not offer this visibility).
|Category of use||Example|
|Security||We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorized persons.|
|Processes||Process cookies help make the website work and deliver services that the website visitor expects, like navigating around web pages or accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the website cannot function properly.|
|Session States||Websites often collect information about how users interact with a website. This may include the pages users visit most often and whether users get error messages from certain pages. We use these so-called ‘session state cookies’ to help us improve our services, in order to improve our users’ browsing experience. Blocking or deleting these cookies will not render the website unusable.|
|Analytics||christembassy.org/podcast uses Google’s analytics tool to understand how website visitors engage with the website content. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying visitors.|
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
1.4 Embedded content from other websites
2. Why gospelrealities.org Collects Data
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our offerings and services to website visitors and members.
- To deliver better user experience of both content and website interaction.
- To maintain & improve our website; to ensure everything is working as intended.
- To understand how visitors and members use and interact with the website content in other to measure performance.
- To communicate with you through information like your email address, to interact with you directly.
- To help improve the safety and reliability of our website. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm us, our users, or the public.
3. How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
4. How You can Update, Manage, Export, and Delete Your Information
When you are signed in, you can always review and update your information on your profile. Or you could delete your account.When you are not signed in, you can manage information associated with your browser or device via your browser and device settings.
In the case of our email marketing you receiev in your mailbox, click on ‘unsubcribe’ in the mail and your email address will be removed from our mailing list. You will have to re-subscribe to receive our
If you have an account on this web
5. How We Protect Your Data
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
- We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit.
- We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to prevent unauthorized access.
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
6. When this Policy Applies
- The information practices of other companies and organizations that advertise our products and services.
- Services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be linked from our website.
7. Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website (this page). You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy, as we may OR may not notify you of changes to this policy. We will always indicate the date the last changes were published.
LAST UPDATED January 11, 2019